What Material of Privacy Slat is Better? Why?
HDPE or PVC are the main materials for manufacturing chain link fence privacy slats. Some customers are confused about the two material and want to know their differences. There are three factors to be considered before purchasing. They are the overall cost, durability, and operating temperature. You can find the details below.
- HDPE is the abbreviation of high density polyethylene.
- It is a polyethylene thermoplastic made from petroleum.
- The first most widely used plastic.
- HDPE is harder and more abrasion and heat resistance.
- HDPE is semi-crystalline.
- HDPE is more suitable for lower pressure installations.
- HDPE continuous working temperature from -50 °C to 80 °C.
- HDPE has higher strength, is harder and can withstand high temperatures.
- PVC is the abbreviation for polyvinyl chloride.
- PVC is comprised of 57% of chlorine and 43% of carbon mostly taken from oil and gas from ethylene. Chlorine gives PVC an excellent fire resistance.
- The third most widely used plastic.
- PVC is heavier and stronger.
- PVC is amorphous.
- PVC is more suitable for direct burial and trenchless installations.
- PVC continuous working temperature from 0 to 50 °C.
- PVC is a cheap and durable vinyl polymer used in construction projects.